Regulation and Business Crime
As a business we understand that you need to be aware of how to protect your organisation, employees and customers. Regulatory compliance is a growing and specialist area that’s always changing, so we need to stay in touch with what’s happening. We’ve developed a team of great lawyers to help you through compliance issues, and we’ve been involved in a number of landmark decisions in the field.
We can help with a number of different issues including everything below:
- Directors’ prosecutions
- Enforcement notices, including appeals
- Environmental investigations and prosecutions
- Fire safety
- Food safety
- Fraud, bribery, and other money crime
- Health & Safety investigations and prosecutions
- Interviews under caution / representation at the police station
- Local authority investigations and prosecutions
- Risk management advice and audits
- Serious Fraud Office / Police investigations and prosecutions
- Trading Standards investigations and prosecutions
- Water regulatory investigations, prosecutions and arbitrations
What’s more, we can help individuals with criminal and road traffic offences.
Although we work for the Maritime and Coastguard Agency and local authorities, we can help whether you’re a public body or if you’re a business client who needs advice about the wide scope of compliance. Our clients are both prosecutors and defendants too, so we have a really rounded knowledge of this specialist sector. This allows us to give you a cost-effective and conscientious service from beginning to end and means we can give you a realistic view of the way that different cases can pan out.