Kate heads our property litigation team and advises on complex real estate litigation and dispute resolution.
She works closely with our real estate teams, providing guidance for the smooth procurement of property transactions and handling any property related matters which have become disputed or which are the subject of litigation both in the commercial and residential sectors.
Kate’s client base includes property developers, national house builders, national lenders and property investors. In addition Kate also advises on high end residential property related issues or disputes.
Recent examples of work or case studies:
- Defending a series of interrelated offshore companies in a damages claim based on an alleged constructive trust concerning an interest in a London based property investment.
- Representing a restaurant chain in defending injunctive proceedings in relation to an alleged trespass crossing an adjoining owner’s property.
- Representing a tenant of a large industrial unit following the service by its former landlord of an invalid break notice.
- Representing a collection of residential tenants in defending injunctive proceedings restraining their right of access.
- Representing a lender client in successfully defeating an application for a claim to the title of a property by adverse possession.