Rebecca has worked at various top City and regional practices. She has also completed a 6-month secondment to a hedge fund and a short secondment to a German law firm.
Rebecca handles complex restructuring and insolvencies, often involving an international or regulatory element. She is experienced in insolvency transactions (including pre-packaged administration sales), providing strategic advice to companies and their directors in financial difficulty and advising secured lenders on the enforcement of their security. She also regularly advises on how to structure corporate transactions and commercial arrangements to protect against counterparty insolvency risk.
In addition to the above, Rebecca is well known for her expertise in solvent restructurings, including section 110 demergers and members’ voluntary liquidations.
Recent examples of work or case studies:
- Advised an FCA-regulated pay day lender in financial difficulty, including on its communications with the FCA and its customers
- Advised the board of a start-up challenger bank following the withdrawal of financial support from its overseas-headquartered parent company
- Advised the proposed fixed charge receivers of various assets of an English holding company of an insurance company based in Gibraltar, including on complex issues around the characterisation of the security
- Advised a group of companies in the construction sector on its strategy for restructuring the group following the financial difficulty of certain subsidiaries
- Acted for the administrators of a well-known fashion house on their appointment and subsequent sale of the company’s assets
- Acted for two high net worth individuals facing potential claims by insolvency practitioners in relation to their directorships of eight companies in various jurisdictions involved in the oil and gas sector
- Acted in relation to the section 110 demerger of a group of media companies beneficially owned by a celebrity
- Devised strategy for extracting excess cash from a company in the context of a dispute between various international shareholders