Do you have complex landlord and tenant or property related issues?
We will support you through the process with a commitment to delivering commercial, pragmatic and cost effective advice to ensure that your objectives are achieved as efficiently as possible, your risk contained and your interests protected.
We offer a strategic and focused approach to minimise the possibility of disputes arising or escalating to litigation by ensuring that issues are identified and dealt with at an early stage. So, whether you’re a landlord or tenant, investor, funder or developer, port and marina operator or retailer, property institution or an insolvency practitioner, our team of lawyers have the specialist knowledge to deal with every aspect of property-related disputes.
Our areas of expertise
- All commercial and residential landlord and tenant disputes including enforcement, rent recovery, service charges, injunctive relief, nuisance, possession and forfeiture
- Dilapidations issues
- Claims against former tenants and guarantors
- Lease renewals
- Rent reviews
- Enfranchisement claims
- Telecommunications Code issues
- Construction disputes
- Party Wall Disputes
- Trespass/nuisance claims and boundary disputes
- Easements – rights of light, rights of way etc
- Restrictive covenants
- All property related contractual disputes and property related professional negligence e.g. claims against surveyors, architects and solicitors
Ranked by both The Chambers & Partners UK guide and Legal 500 UK, our team understands that dealing with property disputes early and effectively can save you time, money and stress. We’ll work with you to create a strategy based on your unique circumstances, and use our expertise to protect your interests and reduce future risk.
What the team is known for Well equipped to assist clients with all aspects of landlord and tenant disputes and is experienced in service charge disputes, enfranchisement and forfeiture cases, among other matters. Acts for a varied client base, which includes major property developers and national corporates.
Our Property Litigation specialists
February 2019 witnesses another first in the history of travel on Dorset’s roads – the first permanent ‘average speed’ cameras take their bow!