Disputed Wills, Trusts & Probate
Disputes are difficult and upsetting at the best of times, particularly if family relationships are involved or following a bereavement. Our experienced and dedicated legal team can take the stress out of the situation and help you, and those around you to resolve disputes simply and quickly, whether by reaching an agreement or (if required) through appropriate court action.
Our aim is to provide clear and uncomplicated advice whatever your circumstances may be. Our sensitive, practical and thorough approach means we will protect your interests, explain your options and ensure you receive costs advice. Those we have helped in the past include: executors, trustees, personal representatives, beneficiaries, charities, attorneys, deputies, creditors, carers and vulnerable adults.
We can manage and resolve a variety of difficult legal situations for you, including:
- Claims for financial provision to be made from an estate
- Challenges to the validity of a will
- Disputes about legacies
- Challenges to lifetime gifts
- Problems in the interpretation of wills and trust documents
- Disputes between executors or trustees and beneficiaries
- Problems with estate administrations, including challenging costs and recovering debts
- Cases in connection with the Mental Capacity Act 2005, including applications to the Court of Protection for statutory wills and the appointment and conduct of deputies and attorneys.
Our team are members of the Association of Contentious Trust and Probate Specialists (ACTAPS) and have extensive experience of managing complex disputes, both home and abroad.