Charlotte advises clients on a wide range of contentious marine matters, including contractual disputes, negligence claims, personal injury claims and collisions.
Charlotte’s clients include yacht owners, insurers and marinas. Charlotte has a detailed knowledge of the operation of marinas and is a trusted advisor to a number of marina businesses, having developed particular expertise in advising marinas and their insurers on a broad range of issues.
With particular experience in marine personal injury and subrogated recovery claims, Charlotte has developed a trusted network of foreign correspondents, having dealt with a number of such matters subject to foreign law and jurisdiction.
Charlotte is thorough and responsive and has a collaborative approach with her clients, and often delivers training and presentations to businesses operating in the marine sector.
In addition to contentious work, Charlotte handles yacht and small craft sale and purchase transactions and assists with marine finance transactions.
Charlotte joined the LA Marine team in 2018 and, after undertaking her training contract with the firm, qualified into the team in 2023. Charlotte deals with yacht sale and purchase transactions and dispute resolution.
- Successfully pursuing claims for the crew of a sailing yacht for personal injury and material damage arising out a collision with a Tug; including arguments regarding jurisdiction and a potentially severe head injury.
- Assisting on a multi-million-pound dispute in which the firm represented the Claimant to recover damages for defects in the design and build of a custom vessel.
- Advising marinas in relation to their options for recovery of debts, from exercising liens over vessels to arrest of vessels.
Sale, purchase and finance
- Preparing documentation and handling completion for the sale of a London houseboat.
- Preparing documentation for marine loan facility with a value in excess of £3m.