Linda Jacques - PartnerLinda Jacques specialises in all aspects of shipping and logistics law involving the carriage of goods by sea and land, covered by charterparties, bills of lading and CMR documents. She has considerable experience of London arbitration as well as multi-jurisdictional disputes in those areas. Linda also advises on offshore and shipbuilding disputes. Linda has dealt with a wide range of contract disputes in shipping and logistics involving claims for damage to vessels and cargo.
Linda acts for insurers, owners, operating in the shipping and logistics sector worldwide.
- Linda is a contributor to a Westlaw UK Insight into shipping.
- She regularly appears in the marine press including Container Management Magazine and the Portside newsletter.
- Linda contributes to and edits the LA Marine Charterparty and Logistics Bulletins, which cover recent shipping and logistics cases.
- Linda regularly speaks on shipping and logistics issues. She recently presented to the legal and policy group and the shipping and transport group of BIFA.
- Ranked in Chambers UK 2015 for Shipping (UK-wide)
- Recommended in The Legal 500 UK 2017
- Assisting and advising owners and charterers affected by the collapse of one of the largest bunker suppliers in the world, OW Bunkers.
- Dealing with claims for off-specification bunkers provided to a vessel by a time charterer.
- Handling a large case arising from the liquefaction of a cargo on board a ship.
- Bringing a case under CMR case in the English Court following a large theft of valuable items.
- Defending a claim brought under a shipbuilding dispute on a new build.
I have noted how good it is to have you as a very reliable lawyer in Southampton and will keep you in mind whenever we are looking to outsource anything like this in the South coast in the future.”
Charles Boyle | Nautilus International
Linda is described as a well-respected and empathetic’ team leader.