Ports and Marinas
Ports and marinas require rules and regulations to keep them running well. Vessels need to be protected, staff cared for and treated fairly, buildings maintained and byelaws and regulations stuck to. And that’s just the start.
With such a diverse range of challenges it’s essential to stay on top of it all. Our team at Lester Aldridge does just that and has built a knowledge base that allows us to advise on a whole range of issues including:
- Drafting and implementation of Harbour Revision Orders, General Directions and Harbour bye-laws
- Planning and shore side property issues
- Enforcement of harbour bye-laws and Merchant Shipping Regulations
- Contracts for the sale or purchase of harbour tugs, pilot cutters, patrol vessels
- Recovery of harbour dues, mooring fees and payment for other services rendered by the harbour authority
- Disposal of abandoned vessels
- Claims for personal injuries sustained on harbour premises of by harbour employees
- Health and safety issues
- Employment contracts and disputes
- Insurance claims
- Repair and refit contracts
- Towage contracts and salvage claims
- Berthing and boat storage contracts
We can offer expert advice, talk through any issues that might be concerning you or answer any question you might have regarding any of the above and more.
Latest News & Blogs
Charterparties contain a variety of arbitration clauses which identify where and how parties wish their disagreements to be resolved.
A recent arbitration decision considered a good weather clause which included two descriptions of wave height, causing the charterers and the owners to take opposing views.
With Brexit on the horizon, there is now a big push at Government level to encourage UK companies to apply for Authorised Economic Operator status.
A recent London arbitration decision has looked at how a receiver’s claim for the diminution in the value of a cargo, which arose solely because of the delay by a ship caused by the owners of the vessel, should be interpreted against the backdrop of the Inter-Club Agreement (ICA) wording.